get to know erin
So who is Erin?
Hi There! I’m Erin Hitchcock and I LOVE FOOD! In fact, Actually, I love just about everything pertaining to health and wellness, but I’ve found that the food we consume is pretty much the most important contributor to our health. I spend anywhere from 2 to several hours a day in my kitchen playing with food, learning about food, experimenting with food, bonding with food… you get the point.
I have held quite a plethora of professional training and jobs in my life: EMT, CPR & First Aid Instructor, Medical Receptionist, Wedding Coordinator, Catering Manager, Natural Childbirth Instructor, Property Manager, Grocery Store Clerk, Physical Fitness Trainer, Direct Food Sales Rep, Massage Therapist… and the list goes on.
There was a time when I was embarrassed and ashamed about what a “career butterfly” I was. My how many interviews I went on, only to be turned away for concern that I would not be there long.
But now I know they all had a distinct purpose in my life: to prepare me to be a health coach. A common thread that was woven through all of these careers was the development of the understanding of the healing power of unconditional love, presence, wholesome foods and regular physical activity.
When I’m not playing with my food…
When I’m not in my kitchen or meeting with a client about their food life, you’re likely to find me outside in the Bend, Oregon area (my beloved home)…
- hiking with my husband and dogs
- trail running
- bouldering at the Bend Rock Gym
- snowboarding on Mt. Bachelor
- paddle boarding on the Deschutes River or one of the Cascade Lakes
- camping with my husband in our trailer, affectionately known as “Raven”
- watching TV shows about food
- reading about food and health & wellness
About my training…
I received my training and graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I studied a variety of dietary theories and practical lifestyle coaching methods.
I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories – Ayurveda, gluten-free, Paleo, raw, vegan, macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the world’s top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, chair of nutrition at Harvard University
- Andrew Weil, MD, director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- Gabrielle Bernstein, bestselling author and life coach
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, assistant clinical professor at Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Mark Hyman, MD, founder of The UltraWellness Center
- Geneen Roth, bestselling author and expert on emotional eating
- David Wolfe, raw food leader and nutrition expert
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, professor at New York University’s Department of Nutrition, Food Studies, and Public Health
- Mark Bittman, food writer for The New York Times and bestselling author
- Joel Fuhrman, MD, family physician and leading expert on nutritional healing
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with my clients to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
With my knowledge, we co-create completely personalized actions based on your goals to move you toward your ideal vision of health within your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and resources.
As a health coach, I put the power back in your hands!
I am here to motivate and empower you to become the best version of you. So what is the highest vision of yourself that you’d like to bring to life?
- Learn to love your body again?
- Improve your diet and exercise routines?
- Find a career you love?
- Reach an insatiable goal?
- Explore vital question “Who am I”?
You can be anyone you wish to be! And I can help!